I'm a skilled engineer. I'm comfortable with tools such as React, Node, ES6, Webpack etc. but I don't like listing tools and libraries. I am comfortable learning new languages and tools as required. I have done this before, and I'm sure I will have to do it again.
I am an effective team builder. I can lead teams and work effectively as part of one. I've worked for myself, in small agencies and in large corporate environments. I know the many shapes teams can take, and how to be effective in each case. I value diversity that's why I help organise a program called CodeBar in Sydney to support underrepresented groups in tech. I work with other community groups as well. I don't just build teams I build community. I can do this for you too.
I'm adaptable. I've worked on some of Australia's largest websites as well as the smallest community sites. I've built websites, applications and data visualisations on numerous platforms.
I have spoken at dozens of conferences and community-level events around Australia, Europe UK, and the US. I have written numerous technical articles some of which are here on my personal blog, as well as on websites like Smashing Magazine and Codrops.
What can I help with? permalink
- Ready to make use of CSS Grid or Custom Properties and not sure where to start?
- Want to write better responsive design patterns?
- Need help implementing a design system or building a UI library?
- Have an innovative application, visualisation or product idea?
- Have a team that needs help or training with any of the above?
- Working on something larger? Let's put together a world class team.
Got something else you think I would be good at or interested in, that doesn’t fit with the above? That’s great! Get in touch. Let’s do something amazing together. Let’s win the internet!